Hydrate Your Skin in 6 Easy Steps
With the summer season in full swing, it’s important to take a little extra care of your skin. When the skin on your face gets dehydrated, it dulls your complexion. But, by following these 6 simple steps, you’ll be on your way to hydrated, brighter and younger-looking skin.
1. Exfoliate your face: Exfoliating your skin is necessary for eliminating dead skin cells and reducing those dry and flaky patches. For dry skin, you’ll want to exfoliate your face 2-3 times per week. Your skin naturally sheds and by speeding up the process, you’ll notice a more radiant complexion and, at the same time, stimulate cell renewal. Make sure you’re using exfoliating cleansers that are specifically designed for treating dry skin.
2. Follow-up with a hydrating face mask: After you’ve properly exfoliated your face, use a hydrating face mask to restore moisture into the skin. This can be done just a few times a week or every day. Be sure to use masks that are not oil-based, so you don’t clog your pores.
3. Lotion up: Moisturizing your skin is the best defense against premature aging. Make sure you’re doing it daily and using two different moisturizers. One moisturizer should be used for daytime, that’s lighter and can be worn under sunscreen and/or makeup, and one for nighttime that’s heavier and better for long-lasting moisture.
4. Cut down on makeup: Many of the chemicals found in makeup can be harsh on your skin, so it’s best to keep your coverage light and try to stick to mineral-based products.
5. Drink water: Just how the food you eat can affect your skin, make sure you’re drinking plenty of water so you stay hydrated from the inside out.
6. Wear sunscreen: To protect your face and the rest of your body from those harsh UV rays, make sure you’re wearing SPF daily to avoid sun damage like burns and skin peeling.
In addition to your daily skincare routine, it’s important to get regular facials. Facials moisturize your skin, reverse visible signs of aging, improve skin tone and texture, evens redness, lessens skin sensitivity, diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and reduces blemishes and breakouts.
For all your skincare needs, contact Teri Taylor at Casablanca Salon & Day Spa. By incorporating traditional and progressive skincare treatments, Teri’s become one of the most sought-after aestheticians in the greater L.A. area.